Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Why Do Some People Pass Security+ and Others Fail?

People send me notes almost every day telling me that they've passed the Security+ exam using materials I've created. These are always a joy to read.

Every now and then I hear from people telling me that they dropped the exam.

What's the difference between the two?  Recently, a simple message has emerged. Preparation.

For example, people that are prepared can answer questions such as this one that we recently
 added to our online quiz banks.

Q. Your organization recently updated an online application employees use to log in when working from home. Employees enter their username and password into the application from their smartphone and the application logs their location using GPS. What type of authentication is being used?

A. One-factor

B. Dual-factor

C. Something you are

D. Somewhere you are

Are you prepared? See the answer and full explanation here.