Monday, August 27, 2012

Where Has Darril Gibson Been?

You may have noticed that Darril Gibson hasn't been posting much or been active on many forums lately. I thought I'd give you an idea of what's up.

I attended Jack Canfield's seven day Breakthrough to Success program from Aug 19th through 25th in Scottsdale, Arizona. Combined with full days, a day of travelA there and a day of travel back it was a packed week.

However, it was fabulous. I had a great time and left with some clear cut goals on actions I'll be taking in the future. Among other things, I'll be finishing my book You Can Do Anything - Three Simple Steps to Success for High School Students.

With about 400 other people attending, I was also able to connect with a wide array of very successful people. As one of dozens of examples, I met Kathy Anderson, author of the award winning book Change Your Shoes, Live Your Greatest Life and during a lunch with her, I learned how to create my own publishing company.

As a follow up, I am in the process of creating a publishing company. It's called YCDA, LLC (short for You Can Do Anything). I'll use this company to self-publish books such as the CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide so that I can reach a wider audience than I've been able to do with just Amazon. I can also use this company to publish my new book You Can Do Anything - Three Simple Steps to Success for High School Students, if a publisher doesn't step up to take it on.

Jack Canfield is a dynamic speaker and presenter and did an awesome job. While most people know him as one of the co-author's of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, he's also a very successful coach, corporate trainer, keynote speaker, and author of The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be.

I was first exposed to these principles about five years ago and know that implementing these principles helped me move from an unpublished author to a full-time writer that has authored or co-authored more than 25 books.

Another participant mentioned that he picked up the book while staying at a homeless shelter. The ideas resonated with him and he is now the owner of his own business.

Despite Jack Canfield's huge successes, he's really a friendly down-to-earth person. I was able to talk to him one-on-one when the two of us shared an elevator and walk to the conference room one day. I also attended a luncheon with him and some other participants that are part of the Bestseller Blueprint program.

I spent last week trying to catch up on "must do" items and am finally starting to get back into the swing of things.

Currently, I'm finishing up the CompTIA A+ Training Kit (Exam 220-801 and Exam 220-802) which is in the last stages of editing. I've put a lot of time and effort into this book and hope that will help many people take and pass the new A+ exams the first time they take it. I'm also finishing up the writing of the CISSP Rapid Review book. This is intended to be a late stage review book that people can use to review key material to see if they're ready for the CISSP exam.

Next on the horizon is a book on Windows 8 for the 70-687 exam, Configuring Windows 8. I'm looking forward to writing this.

At any rate, despite being off the grid for the past couple of weeks, Darril Gibson is back on the grid and will be posting more.