Saturday, June 29, 2013

Start a Conversation With Your Child

I Can Believe in Myself

A children's book by Miriam Laundry with pictures by Jenniffer Julich.
My good friend Miriam Laundry recently released this book and even though it's outside the scope of this blog, I loved it so much I wanted to share it with you.If you have any children and you want to start a conversation with them about their confidence and self-esteem, this is the perfect book. It is so easy for children to grow up with an inner voice constantly saying "I can't" and if that's the only message they hear, they might start to believe it.

Ideally, parents would be able to hear that inner voice as soon is starts to attack their child's confidence and self-esteem. Sadly, only the child hears it.

However, parents can read this book to their children and help counter that inner voice with words to build their child's confidence and self-esteem.

Instead of a message of "I Can't", parents can help their children develop an attitude of "I Can."

Parents might even help their children grow up with a mindset of no limitations, realizing they can do anything.

Although I don't have any children to read to, I loved the messages in the I CAN Believe in Myself book so much, I bought a copy for my local library. You can to.